The SSPC was found in August 2002 at the Sport Science Institute of South Africa, Newlands, Cape Town.
It started out as a 2 man practice and has developed into internationally recognized service delivery centre. The SSPC has broadened its services over the last few years, and currently have physiotherapy, massage therapy, shockwave therapy and LIPUS therapy at the SSPC.
The Sports Science Physiotherapy Centre has always upheld the highest standards in service delivery and is still committed to efficacy and an evidence based, innovative approach to rehabilitation and sports therapy.
The SSPC strives to produce a holistic comprehensive and scientific service to all professional, amateur, recreational athletes in all sporting codes, as well as all members of the public.
The SSPC has been associated with:
- Stormers Rugby Campaign
- Springbok Rugby National Team
- Springbok 7’s National Team
- Cape Town City FC
- AJAX CT
- Santos FC
- Mamalodi Sundowns FC
- Milano FC
- Morrka Swallows
- MLB (Major League Baseball)
- The South African Commonwealth Games Team 2006, 2015
- The South African All African Games Team 2007
- Vodacom – Well-Being Program
- Many local community driven sporting events giving back to the community (Operation Thembakazi).
- The South African Para Olympic Team
- The South Arfican Olympic Team 2008
- Zone 6 Games 2004 in Africa
- The International Macufe Cup Tournament
- SA Volleyball Team
- Maestros MacSteel Program
- ASA (Athletics South Africa)
- SASCOC (South African Sports Confederation & Olympic Committee)
The SSPC enjoys a strong association with many renowned surgeons and sports physicians in South Africa. We work in very close association with the Cape Town Sports & Orthopaedic Clinic (Chris Barnard Memorial Hospital), Sports Science Orthopaedic Clinic, with its own radiology department, Life Sports Science Day Clinic, and the Doctors at Cape Sports Medicine.
Friends, Affiliates & Associates
Of The Sports Science Physiotherapy Centre