We strongly believe in empowering the individual and working with a person towards their full recovery from any injury, as well as developing successful pain management strategies together.
Our services include but are not limited to the following:
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic Excercise Program Presciptions
- Return to Play Protocols
- Injury Fitness Tests
- Shockwave Therapy
- HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy)
- MLS Laser Therapy
- Compression Recovery and Lymphy Therapy – Rapid Reboot
- Physiotherapy short courses
- Tutoring Physiotherapy students
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Massage Therapy through SSMC
COMMON INJURIES TREATED
We take great interest in the treatment of all musculoskeletal dysfunction or injuries, including a variety of conditions such as:
- Lower Back Pain
- Headache and neck pain (including whiplash injuries)
- Shoulder, elbow and hand injuries
- Hip, knee and ankle injuries
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (tendonitis and tendonosis otherwise know as tennis elbow and golfers elbow just to name a few)
- Injuries sustained in a working environment.
- Acute traumatic and atraumatic injuries
- Sub acute and chronic injuries
- Program prescription and advise to return to play
The SSPC is also involved in post-operative rehabilitation after surgery, including:
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- ACL reconstruction
- Hip and knee replacement
- Hip Arthroscopies
- Shoulder dislocations, acromioplasty, Rotator Cuff repairs, and arthroscopies
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Spinal surgery
Every individual that makes use of our services receive a complete and thorough initial assessment, and has a clear understanding of what the rehabilitation and effective treatment of that injury will entail. We will also discharge the client with a maintenance exercise program to reduce the risks of the injury recurring.
In order to achieve full recovery, we prescribe exercises in order to rehabilitate a condition, give sound advice, demonstrate the exercise program, and compile a program for the client with goals and allowing those attainable goals to work towards curing or resolving the injury. It’s a principle of self empowerment and management through education to the client.
We also have an invested interest in continuing education and offer a elective block placements with UCT,UWC and Stellenbosch University Students. All newly graduated physiotherapists with interest sports injuries are welcome to mail their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our fees are structured in accordance with most National Medical Aid Schemes Rates
After each session, a patient will receive a detailed account which he/she can submit to their individual medical aid scheme for reimbursement.
Payments are to be made after each consultation. Your account can be settled in cash or in credit card.
For an appointment, please contact us on 021-659 5684 or e-mail email@example.com
Friends, Affiliates & Associates
Of The Sports Science Physiotherapy Centre